TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Looking for recomendations on hog ring pliers. Actually,
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Looking for recomendations on hog ring pliers. Actually,

Posted by ooofoo on June 19, 2008 at 10:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 697 times.

In Reply To Looking for recomendations on hog ring pliers. Actually, posted by Evan3zx(ca) on June 19, 2008 at 09:37 PM

Message Definitely go with the zip ties. Much easier than hog rings and for all intents and purposes they do the exact same thing. Check out this link and definitely do what this guy did where he runs the the zip ties up from the bottom in preparation for fastening to the seat. This will make your install much easier, especially on the drivers side where you have to deal w/ the power seat equipment.

[ http://www.websure.co.uk/car/300zxretrim.htm ]

I would definitely recommend a hog ring removal tool. Basically just "reverse pliers" where the ends open outward when squeezed.

If you have any questions regarding installation shoot me an email and I'd be more than happy to help. I know I could have used someone else's expertise when installing mine. I completed mine a couple of months ago and they turned out great.

One tip, the leather will stretch much more than you think. Especially on the drivers bolsters, grab with two hands and use some leverage to get everything nice and tight. Also, use an exacto knife or a fresh razor to carefully cut out the holes for the various seat controls. Fresh razors work MUCH better than used ones.

Here is the end result of my installation.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.